• Two Boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
• 2 TBSP Flour
• 2 TBSP Butter
• 2 TBSP Olive Oil
• 1/4 TSP Salt
• 1/4 TSP Crushed Oregano
• 1/8 TSP Pepper
• 1/2 cup Sliced Mushrooms (Sometimes I just use up the whole prepackaged stuff) Don't used canned!!!!
• 1/4 cup Marsala Wine
• 2 TBSP Cooking Sherry
1. Beat the chicken within an inch of it's life, well actually you want them to be about a 1/4" thick. Yeah you want it to be pretty flat. Doesn't have to be an exact science.
2. Mix the Flour, Salt, Pepper and Oregano. Then coat the chicken in this mix.
3. In a skillet/wok, melt the butter in the olive oil over medium heat. Place the chicken in the pan and lightly brown (This takes 3 minutes on my stove).
4. Flip the chicken and add in mushrooms. Pour the wine and sherry over the chicken and mushrooms. Reduce heat slightly (Only if the chicken was pretty browned after flipping. Usually it's slightly tan.) Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Flip the chicken again, and re-cover. If the chicken was starting to get burned or the juice was caramelizing, then you should reduce the heat a little more.
6. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
Great side dish: Lipton's Chicken flavored rice. It goes with the marsala -perfectly- and it's even better if you pour some of the 'gravy' over the rice. If you decide to make the rice, you'll need to start it about the same time you first put the chicken in the pan.
Another note: If you don't have a cover for your wok/pan, use aluminum foil.